Now available on Ebay My Ebay auctions
Classic Wrestling Vol 5 “GIRL POWER” available on DVDTHERE IS NO WWE OR TNA FOOTAGE ON THIS DISC. I PERSONALLY OWN THE FILMS AND MADE THE TRANSFERS.
Now available is volume 5 of my collection of rare and previously unreleased matches from the Golden Era of Professional Wrestling. Do to many request I have created a DVD of just the Ladies matches I have. These are the same as the matches available on the other DVD's but now they have their own DVD. These matches were transferred from 16mm films that I own, not from WWE or TNA sources. Some haven't been seen since the live matches. There is good news and bad news with this disc. First the bad news. Some of the films are silent. They were originally filmed that way so there is no commentary on those matches. Also, while the video is very good quality, it isn't Hi-Def. The transfers are from 16mm film so they show the scratches and wear from the source prints. The films were cleaned and lubricated before transfer but I am only able to work with the prints as I found them. Some are probably the only copies in existence and would have been used by TV stations in the 50's. With all that said, I don't think you will be disappointed with the quality.
Now for the good news. The films were transferred using an Elmo TRV-16 transfer projector allowing for a flickerless transfer and then digitally cleaned. This disc will contain almost an hour and a half of rare Professional Wrestling action. Many of the matches have never been available before and those that have been available are difficult to come across. The DVD will be burned on to a quality disc such as a Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. The DVD has custom menus and chapters so you can navigate to any match. The DVD will be shipped in a slim case with a cover and match listing insert and runs almost an hour and a half.
Here is a listing of the matches that are once again available;
Classic Wrestling From Film V
1) Lindy Lawrence vs Jacque La Monte - Wrestling From Hollywood (Syndicated TV) - Sound – 24:30 This is a match from the syndicated series Main Event Wrestling From Hollywood. This time the match was filmed in Arizona and is the continuation of a series of grudge matches between these battling beauties. I’m not a huge fan of ladies matches but I can honestly say this one is a good match. Look closely and you'll be able to see La Monte even use a power bomb. Lots of action and fun to watch, it may change your mind too.
2) 50’s Hilites - Schlitz Library #14 – clip of; Ramona Isabella & Ethel Johnson vs Babs Wingo & Marva Scott –Sound This is a clip of a woman's tag team match featuring four of the top female black stars of the 50's and 60's. All four toured the country but were most prominent in the Detroit and Mid-Atlantic territories. Showing their popularity, this clip is from a great highlight film featuring the most popular wrestlers from the 50's. The film is a bit rough and jumps in spots but is great fun. This film was put out by the Schlitz Brewing Company and distributors would loan the films to local bars for an event.
3) Cora Combs vs June Byers - Wrestling From Hollywood (syndicated TV) - Sound – 15:35 Here is another match from the syndicated series filmed from the Hollywood Legion Stadium. This match features two of the greatest women wrestlers of all time. Cora Combs wrestled across the globe and would hold the Woman’s World Championship. She would be elected to the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2013. Her opponent here was one of the few who could be ranked higher on the all time list. Byers' held the Woman’s World Championship for many years finally losing it when she was no longer able to compete after a car accident. Byers was elected to the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2006.
4) Lynn O'Connor vs Lindy Lawrence - Wrestling From Hollywood (syndicated TV) - Sound – 27:46 This match is antoher from the syndicated Hollywood series. Here we see the beautiful Lawrence take on another opponent in the feisty O'Connor. If you only know woman's wrestling from the 70's and 80's, these matches will be a great surprise. The ladies here are actual wrestlers and given the time to put on great matches.
5) Ida May (Mae) Martinez vs Terry Majors - Wrestling From Hollywood (Syndicated TV) - Sound – 24:39 Based out of Los Angeles, this syndicated program traveled around the country via Kinescopes in the early days of television. This match features two excellent women wrestlers. Ida Mae was one of the most famous wrestlers of the 50's and a fixture at Cauliflower Alley reunions for many years.
6) 50’s Hilites - Schlitz Library #14 – clip of; June Byers vs Penny Banner –Sound
This is another clip from the Schlitz highlight film. This time we get to see the great champion June Byers face off against the blonde model Penny Banner. This is just a short clip but packs a lot of action.